Thursday, September 13, 2012

Under 300 Calorie Salads

I'm trying so very hard to lose weight. It's really slow going and the pounds seem to be refusing to come off. I think I might have the slowest metabolism on Earth. So I haven't been posting much on the blog since the meals are pretty uninspired.
But I made this salad tonight since I was running out of calories for the week after overindulging a bit too much yesterday. (I'm using an app to track calories and it makes it much easier to calculate how you are balancing out overall.) This salad was easy to make, delicious, and only about 250 calories for a large bowl... my kind of meal.


Romaine lettuce
Trader Joe's fire roasted peppers
Kalamata olives
Scallion
Celery
Shredded carrots
3/4 can of white tuna, drained (Gave the rest of the can to the dog)
Parmesan cheese
Reduced calorie Italian dressing

Chop and slice all vegetable and place into a salad bowl.  Flake tuna and add to salad. Toss with salad dressing, a good splash of olive juice and the same of the roasted pepper jar juice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and loads of fresh black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment